These prices include the following:
- Housing in a single dorm room at Doshisha student housing or a single room at guesthouse for an additional $400
- Tuition and university fees for six credit hours (2 courses - 6 credits)
- Application fee ($300 deposit required)
- Study Abroad health insurance
- Guided campus and city tour
- Lunch on campus (class days: Monday-Thursday)
- Opening reception and closing party
- Weekly cultural activities and/or guest lectures
- Tomodachi Program
- Full-time staff on site
- Use of Doshisha University computer lab (limited)
- 30-day city bus pass for Kyoto
- Credit transfer fee (for non-UNO students)
Note: Fees and services included may be subject to change. Such costs as airfare, optional field trips, passport fees, personal travel, or items/activities of a personal nature are not included.
Looking for scholarships? Check out our Scholarships and Awards page!
Additional Options: These field trips are optional and will be added to your program fee at the following rates (see Field Trip page for details on each):
- Kyoto Field Trip: June 3rd, 2022. $50.00
- Osaka Field Trip: June 10th, 2022. $90.00
- Nara Field Trip: June 17th, 2022. $90.00
- Upon registration: A deposit of $300.00 is required with the application. ($150.00 of this deposit is a non-refundable application fee).
- March 11, 2022: A second payment of $1,000.00 is due.
- After March 11, 2022: Provided space is available, late applicants must remit a payment of $1,300.00 with the application.
- April 15, 2022: Payment in full is due. Participants applying after this date must remit the entire program cost with the application.
All payments made with a credit or debit card will incur a non-refundable convenience fee of approximately 3%.
Unless payments are made on schedule, we cannot guarantee a place in the program.
Paying by check: Make checks payable to The University of New Orleans and mailed to Jennifer Torres, Division of International Education, 2000 Lakeshore Drive, International Center 124, New Orleans, LA 70148.
Paying by credit card: Payments can be made securely online.
By March 11, 2022: All payments (except $150 application fee) are fully refundable if a student withdraws from the program voluntarily by this date.
As of close of business on March 11, 2022: A cancellation fee of $650.00 will be assessed in addition to non-refundable application fee.
As of April 15, 2022 and until 11 days before the start date of the program: only those monies that can be recovered from vendors by the university will be refunded, less the $900.00 in fees owed ($150.00 non-refundable application fee plus $600.00 cancellation fee).
If a student withdraws within 10 days before the commencement of the program NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE.
The effective date of a cancellation shall be the date that written notice is received by the Program Coordinator at the University of New Orleans.
Refund policies apply to all students regardless of date of application or circumstance.
These refund deadlines are listed as tentative as we continue to monitor the COVID situation. In the event that UNO cancels the program for any reason, all program money will be refunded to the student. Otherwise, payment and refund policies are as listed above. For more information, visit our COVID statement.
NOTE: the participant remains ultimately responsible for the payment of all program costs regardless of any circumstances such as but not limited to the deferment of payments against the anticipated arrival of financial aid.
Financial Aid for UNO Students
UNO students will be able to fill out the Summer Study Abroad Financial Aid Request (SAFAR) form. You can pick up a form in the Financial Aid office. Be sure you make an appointment with your financial aid advisor to discuss your financial aid package. We send a letter to financial aid with your estimated cost of attendance for the program after you have applied. Students with anticipated aid showing in WebSTAR are usually able to apply those funds to the program balance. Be sure to speak with financial aid and study abroad personnel to confirm.