Graduate School Admission Requirements
Minimum Academic Credentials
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the U.S. or a 4-year degree equivalent from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad.
- Applicants enrolled in the final year of a bachelor's degree or international equivalent will be considered for conditional admission.
Minimum GPA Requirements
- 2.5 grade point average (GPA) on a 4-point scale for all undergraduate coursework (2.75 for MBA)
- 3.0 grade point average (GPA) on a 4-point scale for all graduate coursework
Entrance Test Score Requirements
- All transcripts should be sent to the Office of Admissions.
- Many of our programs also require items such as a Statement of Purpose, Letters of Recommendation, etc.
- Immunization Form Submit either the compliance form or the online waiver to Student Health Services: (504) 280-6387. View Immunization Information here.
English Proficiency Requirement
TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo scores are not required for applicants from the following countries:
Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Canada (except Quebec), Cayman Islands, Dominica, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, Republic of Ireland, Jamaica, Montserrat, New Zealand, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, U.K. (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales), Nigeria, U.S.A.
Test of English as a Foreign Language
Internet-based test score of 79 total or Computer-based test score of 550.
Scores are considered official if reported electronically to UNO by ETS. The institution code for reporting TOEFL scores to UNO is 6379.
The International English Language Testing System
Overall band score of 6.5
Pearson Tests of English
Academic score of 58
Intensive English Language Program
Satisfactory completion of the Intensive English Language Program at UNO
Minimum Scores on IELP Test:
Listening Comprehension: 70
Duolingo English Test
Score of 105
Other Requirements for International Students
- All foreign transcripts (universities outside of the U.S.) must be evaluated by an NACES Evaluation Agency. An official course-by-course evaluation must be included.
- Submit financial support documents Conditional admission pending financial support documents may be offered but the I-20 will not be processed until the financial documents are received. To review the financial support form, click here.
- Submit a copy of your passport Students transferring from another US institution must also submit a copy of the current I-20 and I-94.