Graduate School Admission RequirementsInternational Admissions Requirements
Minimum Academic Credentials
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the U.S. or a 4-year degree equivalent from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad.
- Applicants enrolled in the final year of a bachelor's degree or international equivalent will be considered for conditional admission.
Minimum GPA Requirements
- 2.5 grade point average (GPA) on a 4-point scale for all undergraduate coursework (2.75 for MBA)
- 3.0 grade point average (GPA) on a 4-point scale for all graduate coursework
Entrance Test Score Requirements
GRE and GMAT are no longer required for most programs.
Please check the individual program websites on the departmental webpages for all entrance requirements.
Where required, Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are accepted only for:
Tests taken within 5 years of the entrance term
Official scores - those reported electronically to UNO by ETS
The institution code for reporting GRE scores to UNO is 6379.
Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)
Programs in the College of Business Administration that require Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) accept scores only for:
- Tests taken within 5 years prior to the entrance
- Electronically reported scores to UNO by GMAC
- All transcripts should be sent to the Office of Admissions. All foreign transcripts (universities outside of the U.S.) must be evaluated by a NACES Evaluation Agency. An official course-by-course evaluation must be included.
- Many of our programs also require items such as a Statement of Purpose, Letters of Recommendation, etc.
- Immunization Form Submit either the compliance form or the online waiver to Student Health Services: (504) 280-6387. View Immunization Information here.