The University of New Orleans is committed to making higher education available and affordable to all qualified students. UNO actively recruits and supports a large population of nontraditional students. In fact, half of UNO's student body is over the age of 25, many with families and established careers. UNO understands both the special needs and talents of the adult students, and we offer a number of programs to help ensure your success as an adult learner.
UNO recognizes that taking either the SAT or ACT at this time may be challenging. UNO will admit in state freshmen who apply on or before August 31, 2021 with a minimum 2.5+ GPA or greater on the Louisiana Core 4. For the Fall 2021, Summer 2021, and Spring 2021 terms, applicants with a 2.5+ core GPA who do not meet test score requirements, or do not submit test scores will be admitted based on core GPA alone. For any questions please contact the Privateer Enrollment Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Making the UNO Decision
Deciding to come to college is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make. The University of New Orleans wants to help you make the right choice.
UNO understands that adult students may have special needs. We offer a variety of programs and services to accommodate you and your academic achievement. Health insurance, academic counseling and career services are just some of the ways UNO helps you fit college into your life.
Adult students have several options for enrolling at UNO. See which student classification best compliments your educational needs:
- First time freshman – Students over the age of 21, who have not attempted college credit after high school graduation, may qualify for admission under the first- time freshmen requirements established by the Louisiana Board of Regents.
- Transfer – Those who have attempted and earned college credit are eligible to apply as transfer students. Must have completed 24+ hours of college/non-remedial coursework (including Math and English) with GPA of 2.25+
- Returning – Some college credit, must meet either first time freshman or transfer requirements
- Special student – non-degree seeking student (includes Lifelong Learners, students with college degrees, those students taking classes for fun, or preparing for professional exam or graduate school). These students may apply below as follows:
- To audit courses in the undergraduate curriculum, click the “Apply Now” button below and select the applicable student type, and selecting “no,” that you will not be seeking a degree through UNO on your application.
- To audit courses in the graduate curriculum, click the “Apply Now” button below and select “non-degree” type of study and “not pursuing a degree but want to take a course” for the program of choice.
- Guest student – taking classes not offered at home institution
Adult learners who do not meet standard first time freshmen requirements have the opportunity to meet admissions requirements via the Accuplacer exam. Accuplacer scores necessary to meet admissions requirements are listed below:
- Minimum 18 ACT English ACT (500 SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing) 250 Accuplacer AND
- Minimum 19 ACT Math (510 SAT Math) 250 Accuplacer