The University of New Orleans is committed to making higher education available and affordable to all qualified students. UNO actively recruits and supports a large population of nontraditional students. In fact, half of UNO's student body is over the age of 25, many with families and established careers. UNO understands both the special needs and talents of the adult students, and we offer a number of programs to help ensure your success as an adult learner.
Currently, we are accepting any unofficial transcript –whether it is college or high school. As well as unofficial test scores – whether it is ACT, SAT, AP, etc. for the semester that you are applying for. We will need the official document by the end of your first semester here at UNO (so if it’s Fall 2020, we will need it by December 2020). This is only applicable for Summer 2020 and Fall 2020.
Making the UNO Decision
Deciding to come to college is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make. The University of New Orleans wants to help you make the right choice.
UNO understands that adult students may have special needs. We offer a variety of programs and services to accommodate you and your academic achievement. Health insurance, academic counseling and career services are just some of the ways UNO helps you fit college into your life.
Adult students have several options for enrolling at UNO. See which student classification best compliments your educational needs
- First time freshman – no college credit
- Transfer – must have completed 24+ hours of college/non-remedial coursework (including Math and English) with GPA of 2.25+
- Returning – some college credit, must meet either first time freshman or transfer requirements
- Special student – non-degree seeking student (includes Lifelong Learners, students with college degrees, those students taking classes for fun, or preparing for professional exam or graduate school). These students may apply below as follows:
- To audit courses in the undergraduate curriculum, click the “Apply Now” button below and select the applicable student type, and selecting “no,” that you will not be seeking a degree through UNO on your application.
- To audit courses in the graduate curriculum, click the “Apply Now” button below and select “non-degree” type of study and “not pursuing a degree but want to take a course” for the program of choice.
- Guest student – taking classes not offered at home institution