The University Success staff is happy to assist you in becoming successful at the University of New Orleans. In order to accomplish this goal, all first-year students are required to enroll in UNIV 1001 in their first semester at UNO. UNIV 1001 is a 1 credit hour, letter graded course that is designed to help you transition to the University -- typically from high school to college. For those students needing additional support, students can enroll in UNIV 1003, which is a 1 credit hour, letter graded course that is designed to enhance your learning style and study strategy.
UNIV 1001 Learning Outcomes:
- Develop skills to manage time, well-being, and personal resources
- Develop learning strategies to manage the University of New Orleans academic environment.
- Gather information on campus resources that support academic growth and development as UNO community members.
- Integrate information concerning career exploration, wellness, and involvement to become a successful, well-rounded student.
UNIV 1003 Learning Outcomes:
- Students will be able to describe the benefits of class preparation, attendance and participation.
- Students will learn to apply specific learning strategies in their study habits.
- Students will identify at least three campus resources that assist them in their academic endeavors.