State Liability Travel Card Program and CBA
State Liability Travel Card Program
UNO has entered into an agreement with the State of Louisiana and Bank of America to participate in the State Liability Travel Card and CBA Program. The travel card is a tool used to assist employees in paying for specific, higher cost travel expenses incurred during travel for official state business.
The Louisiana Office of State Travel mandates that all state travelers use a state liability travel credit card or CBA account for airfare, lodging, vehicle rentals, and conference registration fees. If an employee has a state liability travel card, it is mandatory that the card is used for these expenditures. If an employee does not have a state card and plans to travel more than once a year, the employee should obtain a card. Additionally, the Office of Accounts Payable can assist with processing CBA payments.
To receive a travel card, employees must submit Cardholder Agreement and Enrollment Forms to Accounts Payable, complete a training session with Accounts Payable, and complete an online cardholder certification through the State's training site, LEO.
The cardholder's supervisor must approve all travel card purchases. The approver must be at least one level higher than the cardholder, have knowledge of the cardholder's business needs, complete the Approver Agreement Form, and complete the approver online certification on LEO. Failure to have a supervisor participate in the program will prevent the card from being issued.
Below are the State Liability Travel Card allowable expenses. All charges must fall within the Office of State Travel’s and UNO’s policies and PPM-49. Please note food, baggage fees, and ground transportation are not allowed on the State Travel Card / CBA.
- Airfare – Must be purchased with a State Card or CBA, and processed through Christopherson Business Travel.
- State Contracted Travel Agency Fees
- Registration for Conference or Workshops - Must be purchased with a State Card or CBA. Membership purchases are not allowed.
- Hotel/Lodging – Must be purchased with a State Card or CBA.
- Rental Vehicle – Must be purchased with a State Card or CBA.
- Parking – Only with hotel stay and combined on the invoice.
- Internet Services – Only with hotel stay and combined on the invoice.
- Gasoline for Rental Car/State Owned Car Only - Not to be used if the department is part of the Fuel Card Program/Contract.
- Shuttle Service – Only when pre-paid prior to trip.
Below are helpful links regarding the travel card program:
- UNO's Travel Card Policy
- LEO Instructions for Online Certification Course
- Agreement Form - Cardholder Only
- Agreement Form - Approver Only
- Cardholder Enrollment Form
- Travel Card Log
- Statement of Disputed Item
- Louisiana Tax Exempt Hotel Form
- Travel Card Training
CBA is a direct bill charge account that can be used for charging airfare, lodging, vehicle rentals, and conference registration fees. The CBA account is managed by the Office of Accounts Payable. The use of the CBA may be allowed for the following reasons:
- Employees who need to make purchases but do not travel frequently enough to warrant having their own state liability travel card or are ineligible to apply for one.
- New employees who have not had time to apply for and receive the state liability travel card.
- Airfare, lodging, or vehicle rentals for campus visitors (or to other university sanctioned locations) for functions, meetings, interviews, conferences, etc.
- Travel arrangements for students or student groups representing the UNO.
A spend authorization with the correct dates and location for the trip must be completed and approved prior to charges being processed. Appointments should be made with Kerry Cavignac (email@example.com) to coordinate the payment. Please allow for ample time (minimum two weeks) to complete payment and travel arrangements. Payments for airfare should be requested through Christopherson Travel.
The CBA billing statement is reconciled by the Office of Accounts Payable. In order process the bill's payment, it is required that the traveler deliver to the Office of Accounts Payable all original receipts immediately upon returning from the trip. It is suggested that a copy of the paperwork be retained in the department. Additionally, all CBA charges will be assigned to the traveler in Workday, and all CBA charges must be included on the traveler's expense report, even if a reimbursement is not being claimed.
State Travel Card
Accounts Payable Assistant Manager
Phone: 504.280.4390 | Fax: 504.280.1232
Accounts Payable Manager
Phone: 504.280.5431 | Fax: 504.280.1232