How to Apply: Screenwriting
UNO Graduate School Online Application
All graduate applicants must first complete the UNO Graduate School online application. Please follow the instruction to successfully complete the application.
Graduate Online Application Procedures (https://www.uno.edu/academics/grad)
Applicants to the MFA Screenwriting program are required to submit:
- Statement of Purpose: Write a 2-3 page autobiographical essay that expresses:
- Your background, including your experience level in writing & screenwriting;
- Your interest in screenwriting, cinema and the arts;
- Your personal taste in culture;
- Why you are interested in pursuing an MFA;
- Why you are interested in the University of New Orleans;
- What you hope to do after you graduate
There is no correct answer, nor is there a particular kind of person we expect you to be. The essay is an opportunity for us to get to know you. Specifics about your life, artistic and education experiences are a great starting point.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- CV or Resume
- Screenplay(s): After applying through Target X, you will be directed to submit supporting material. Please submit either a narrative feature screenplay (90-130 pages) or episodic material (60-100 pages, e.g. one or more episodes of a television project). Please submit directly to the Graduate Coordinator for Screenwriting (Katie Garagiola at firstname.lastname@example.org).
The application deadline for Film is March 15th. Please see the Graduate School degree programs page for additional information.
Student Learning Outcomes
Student Learning Outcomes specify what students will know, be able to do, or be able to demonstrate when they have completed a program of study.