How to Apply: Film Production
UNO Graduate School Online Application
All graduate applicants must first complete the UNO Graduate School online application. Please follow the instruction to successfully complete the application.
Graduate Online Application Procedures (https://www.uno.edu/academics/grad)
Applicants to the MFA Film Production program are required to submit:
- Statement of Purpose: Write a 2-3 page autobiographical essay that expresses:
- Your background;
- Your interest in cinema and the arts;
- Your personal taste in culture;
- Why you are interested in pursuing an MFA;
- Why you are interested in the University of New Orleans;
- What you hope to do after you graduate
There is no correct answer, nor is there a particular kind of person we expect you to be. The essay is an opportunity for us to get to know you. Specifics about your life, artistic and education experiences are a great starting point.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- CV or Resume
- Portfolio of Creative Work: After applying through Target X, you will be directed to submit supporting material. Please submit directly to the Graduate Coordinator for Film (Katie Garagiola at firstname.lastname@example.org). If you do not have a film or other related media projects to submit, you may submit any creative work showcasing your talent(s), such as a creative writing sample, photography, painting, or music. We prefer on-line accessible materials (your personal website, YouTube, Vimeo, or any easily accessible link).
The application deadline for Film is March 1st. Please see the Graduate School degree programs page for additional information.