Awareness and Heritage Months
The Diversity & Inclusion Board promotes University-wide events that focus on social justice, build community, and create a welcoming culture for all students, faculty, and staff. We want you to share your department’s or organization’s planned programs, events, and celebrations for cultural heritage months in 2023. Heritage months and other cultural events help explain the stories and histories of communities often excluded from traditional learning environments.While there are designated heritage month celebrations, our hope is to acknowledge the contributions made by all groups of people throughout the year, not just during the heritage month celebrations.
To submit any event to the University Calendar, click here. If it’s related to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, make sure to click the DEI category.
- February: Black History Month
- March: Women’s History Month
- April: Arab American Heritage Month, Asian Pacific Islander Heritage Month (April/May), Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- May: Jewish American History Month
- June: LGBTQ+ Pride Month
- July: Disability Pride Month
- September: Disability Culture Month
- Sept. 15-Oct. 15: Hispanic Heritage Month
- Oct: LGBTQ+ History Month, Disability History and Awareness Month
- November: Native American Heritage Month