Frequently Asked Question
- When will my financial aid post to my account?
- I have not received information concerning my T.O.P.S. scholarship. Who do I contact about this?
- What do I do if my financial aid is not posted by the payment deadline?
- Does financial aid offer deferments?
- Who do I contact if my financial aid originally posted for one amount and was then adjusted to another?
- The financial aid I received is not the amount I was expecting. Who do I contact about this?
- Can I use my financial aid to pay for a
- If I drop classes during the semester, will my financial aid be reduced?
- Who do I contact if my Graduate Assistant Exemption is not posted to my account?
- Does the Bursar office offer a payment plan?
- How can I get a Bookstore Voucher?
- My diploma fee is not posted to my account. Who do I contact about this?
- When will housing post my dorm and meal charges?
- Can I receive a copy of my transcript while paying on a past due balance?
- Who do I contact if I am a Louisiana resident and I am being charged out of state fees?
- I am an international student and have my own health insurance. Where do I turn in my
- I purchased books with a bookstore voucher but withdrew and never attended classes. Will my financial aid still pay for these books?
- Will I be charged tuition and fees for an
- Will my institutional scholarship pay for an audit class?
- Why is my meal plan not activated?
- My scholarship does not appear on my fee bill. Who do I contact about this?
1. When will my financial aid post to my account?
If you have been awarded financial aid, the fastest way to accept your award is via online. Once your award has been accepted, it will appear on your fee bill.
If you have NOT received an award letter from the Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance (LOSFA) stating you are eligible to receive TOPS.
If you HAVE received your letter from LOSFA and TOPS has not appeared on your fee bill within 10 days, it is possible that the Financial Aid office is waiting for LOSFA to send confirmation of your eligibility. You should continue to view WebSTAR to confirm your award status or contact the Financial Scholarship Office.
Notice: If a TOPS award is applied to your account and you are later deemed ineligible by LOSFA, you will be responsible for fee payment.
If your financial aid does not appear on your fee bill by the payment deadline, you will be responsible for making the minimum payment to retain your schedule.
Please contact the financial aid office to inquire about their
Financial aid is initially awarded to students with the assumption that they will be registered with a full time course load. Adjustments are made after the last day of late registration to reflect the student's correct eligibility.
For questions concerning financial aid award totals, please the Office of Financial Aid.
If you have excess financial aid posted to your student account, you can use the extra funds to pay for a parking decal. A student must fill out a Title IV Authorization Form and have the decal charge posted to their fee bill in order to have this complete.
Dropping classes excessively will impact a student's financial aid eligibility. If a student completely withdraws from the university, he/she may be subjected to the "Return of Title IV Funds Policy". This information may be found in the Holds, Wthdrawals and Fees
section of this website.
First, contact your department to ensure you are coded as a graduate assistant and the necessary paperwork has been given to the Graduate School. Next, contact the Graduate School Office to make sure all necessary paperwork has been processed and forwarded to the Scholarship Office. You should contact the Financial Aid Office if you have any further questions.
The Bursar's Office offers a payment plan only during the Fall and Spring semesters. You can use the Extended Payment Plan Option (EPPO) to pay tuition and fees if you are in good financial standing with the University. If you choose to use the EPPO, a minimum payment of 50 percent of the total charge is required by the designated payment deadline to complete registration. The remaining balance will be due on October 1st for the Fall term and March 1st for the Spring term.
To receive a Bookstore Voucher, students must meet the criteria listed on the Bookstore Voucher page. The last date to use a Bookstore Voucher is the last date a student can add classes for the semester.
Please contact the Office of the Registrar.
Please contact Student Housing.
No. A past due balance must be paid in full in order to receive an official transcript.
If you are an Undergraduate Student, you will need to contact the Office of Admissions. If you are a Graduate Student, you will need to contact the Graduate School.
International students who have their own insurance must submit all paperwork to the Office of International Students and Scholars. The deadline to submit the necessary paperwork is the 7th class day of each semester.
Since enrollment impacts your financial aid eligibility, your aid will be adjusted or taken away completely. Whatever charges that are not covered by financial aid will be the students responsibility.
Tuition and fees for audit classes are the same as enrolling in a credit course. Non-resident students will not be assessed the non-residency fee if the audit course is your only class.
Please be aware that institutional scholarships will not cover an audit course for undergraduate students. For any questions regarding institutional scholarships, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.
You must first pay your minimum balance due. Once this minimum balance is satisfied, please notify the Office of Bursar Operations to activate the meal plan.
If you have NOT accepted your scholarship offer, you should accept your scholarship via the on-line link provided in your offer letter. Your award will be posted within 3-5 business days.
If you have ACCEPTED your scholarship on-line or returned a signed copy to the Financial Aid Office, you should contact the Financial Aid Scholarship Unit after 3-5 business days from the acceptance date.
Lakefront Campus, AD 1006
New Orleans, LA 70148
Phone: (504) 280-6489
Fax: (504) 280-5430
University Office Hours:
Monday through Friday:
8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Louisiana Office of Student Financial Assistance (LOSFA)
Phone: 1 (800) 259-5626 ext. 1012
Office of the Registrar:
Office of International
Students and Scholars (OISS):
159 Milneburg Hall
Phone: (504) 280-6021
If you are an incoming student, you should contact the Admissions office for scholarship inquiries at (504) 280-6595.