Microlayer 400(APX Scientific Inc.) is a combination physical deposition system. Six magnetron sputtering guns and dual electron beam evaporator with 10 pockets for materials in ultra-high vacuum chamber allow depositing a large variety of materials in the form of thin films with the thickness from single nanometers to a few micrometers. Growth of single crystal and polycrystalline films deposited by sputtering or evaporation on rotating substrates is monitored using a crystal growth sensor.
Specifications and capabilities of TA Q600 TGA-DSC
- Six 3” in diameter magnetron sputtering guns operating in DC or RF mode (up to 3 at a time)
- Loadlock and a transfer arm.
- Deposition controlled by the LABVIEW-based software
- Rotatable sample stage accommodates substrates up to 4”.
- Dual electron–beam evaporator (Thermionics) with five 2.2 cm3 pockets for materials in each evaporator.
- Two evaporators have independent power supplies and beam sweeping systems can be run at the same time.
- Pumping system based on a UHV cryopump. Base vacuum 10-9 Torr
- Two gas lines with mass flow controllers. Different non-toxic gases can be used for sputtering or reactive sputtering.