How to Apply
Submit an Application
Application is considered to be completed only if all required materials such as application fee payment, official transcripts and official test scores are received by the deadline.
Please read the graduate checklist prior to completing the online application.
1. Go to Apply to UNO
2. Select to see admission as a Graduate Student
3. Click the "Create Account" tab located on the top right-hand side of the page
4. Fill out the online application and attach the necessary documents
- Two page statement of purpose that explains your educational and career objectives
- Curriculum Vitae
- *Writing Sample
- The names and contact information for the three people (two for MST) who will submit letters of recommendation for you (academic references are preferred but we also accept professional references)
- Paper/presentations may also be uploaded but are not required
5. *Submit required or options test scores: Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are optional and should be reported to The Univesity of New Orleans electronically by the testing agency. Measures of English proficiency may be required (http://www.uno.edu/academics/grad/admission-requirements).
6. Submit official transcripts from each institution that you have attended. International students may also need to submit certified English translations and evaluations of your transcripts. Learn more
Items marketed with an * only apply to the Urban Studies M.S., Master of Urban and Regional Planning (M.U.R.P.), and the Ph.D. in Urban Studies.
After your application packet is review, you will receive an email with your UNO student number.