AM students must have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.2 to be conditionally admitted into a master’s degree program. Students may not enroll in graduate courses until they have
- completed all requirements for the Core Curriculum;
- completed a minimum of 90 hours of undergraduate work, including at least 15 hours of upper-level courses in the major; and
- been conditionally admitted to a master’s program.
Conditional admission does not guarantee full admission to the program. Minimum criteria for full admission to the graduate program are:
- Conferral of the baccalaureate degree;
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.00; and
- Satisfaction of all requirements for admission to the graduate program (entrance test scores, statement of purpose, recommendations, etc.). NOTE: Individual departments may require additional criteria, including a higher admission GPA.
B.S. in Accounting/Master of Business Administration
B.S. in Business Administration/Master of Business Administration
B.S. in Finance/Master of Business Administration
B.S. in Finance/M.S. in Finance
B.S. in Healthcare Management/Master of Business Administration
B.S. in HRT/M.S. in Hospitality & Tourism Management
B.S. in HRT/Master of Business Administration
B.S. in Management/ Master of Business Administration
B.S. in Marketing/Master of Business Administration
Guidelines and Stipulations
Before an undergraduate AM student may register for graduate courses, the form indicating the courses to be taken for graduate credit must be approved by the College, the Department, and the Graduate School. Stipulations:
- AM students may apply a maximum of 12 graduate hours to the baccalaureate degree, depending on the graduate program. Graduate coursework in the following areas will not count in the AM program toward the baccalaureate degree: travel study, independent study/project/research, directed study, directed readings, practicum, internships, other field-based placement, or thesis;
- Grades earned in graduate-level courses must meet the minimum GPA required by the Graduate School of 3.00. Graduate courses in which a GPA is less than 3.00 may be counted towards satisfaction of the bachelor’s degree but not towards the master’s; To remain in an AM degree program, the student must maintain at least a 3.00 overall GPA in graduate coursework.
- The graduate hours taken to fulfill baccalaureate degree requirements will be fully transferable to the master’s degree and will show on both the graduate and undergraduate transcripts.
- The baccalaureate degree must be awarded following the completion of the undergraduate degree requirements and at least two semesters before the graduate degree is awarded.
- If an AM student requests admission to any other master’s program (or does not complete the approved master’s degree within the prescribed time), the joint hours posted to the graduate transcript will be removed.