In alliance with the mission and strategic plan of the University of New Orleans and the Office of Student Affairs, the mission of the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership is to foster student success and lifelong learning by providing all students with meaningful opportunities for involvement in campus and community life. This will be achieved through initiatives such as: cultural activities, leadership and citizenship development, community involvement programs, and partnerships in service-learning. The Office of Student Involvement and Leadership's programs and services are committed to the development of the whole person in conjunction with the mission of the University of New Orleans.
Location: Second floor of the University Center, room 222.
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
The areas that fall within the purview of Student Involvement and Leadership include leadership development and programmatic advisement of registered student organizations, Student Government, Student Activities Council, Greek Life, and the Leadership Cabinet.
SIL's learning outcomes are based off of the Council for Advancement of Standards for Higher Education, and include:
- Demonstrating intrapersonal knowledge (e.g., reflection, self-awareness)
- Developing critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Developing ethical decision-making skills
- Maintaining physical, mental, and social health
- Developing leadership skills
- Developing interpersonal skills (e.g., teamwork, group management)
- Advocating for personal interests and community interests
- Demonstrating a commitment to equity and social justice
- Understanding and supporting UNO policies and procedures