Student Care Network
The mission of the Student Care Network is to promote safety and wellbeing of the UNO community through our work with students. The team serves as a cross-functional group that shares information and develops support plans for students of concern.
The Student Care Network focuses on providing early intervention for any student who has raised concerns and may be at risk of harming either themselves or others, or who pose a significant disruption to the living, learning, or working environment. The network receives and reviews confidential reports of concerning student behavior for the purpose of developing a support plan that mitigates risk and promotes student well-being and success within existing University policies. We do this through collaboration with campus departments, faculty and staff, and off-campus resources.
- Centralize collection of information regarding concerning student behaviors.
- Perform initial review and develop a support plan, within existing University policies, to mitigate risk and promote student wellbeing and success.
- Make recommendations for action and share information with University faculty, staff and others, as appropriate, to assist with managing behavior.. Coordinate follow up as necessary.
- Educate the University community on the Student Care Network process and how to identify and report student behaviors of concern.
- Identify University policy and procedural issues and recommend changes to appropriate entities.
- Review Student Care Network procedures and protocols and assess team effectiveness and compliance with University policies.
Student Care Network Members
The Student Care Network membership includes the following individuals from the university:
Chair: Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
Associate Dean for Diversity and Student Affairs
Director of Student Accountability and Disability Services
Director of Residential Life
Director of Academic Advising
Assistant Director of Counseling Services
UNO Police Department representative
Student Care Coordinator(s) and/or Director of the HUB
Other university faculty and staff may be invited to participate on the network or consulted as needed.
Report a Concern
If you have a concern for a student, please fill in the information on the reporting form found here https://uno.guardianconduct.com/incident-reporting
If you are unsure if the Student Care Network is the right place to report, click on the flowchart below to help you determine your needs.