- Ph.D., Environmental Engineering, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (1974)
- M.S., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (1969)
Dr. La Motta received his Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He has more than fifty years of professional and academic experience in environmental engineering. He is an expert in biological wastewater treatment processes, electrodisinfection, and water supply collection systems. Dr. La Motta has more than forty refereed journal publications and numerous conference presentations. He is a registered Professional Engineer in the state of Louisiana.
- Secondary municipal wastewater treatment using the anaerobic/aerobic suspended growth process
- Kinetics of biological flocculation in biological film reactors
- Role of biological flocculation in the activated sludge process
- Electrocoagulation of oil and greases