Undergraduate Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering (B.S.)
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering offers a four-year program leading to the Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Civil Engineering degree.
Educational Objectives of the Civil Engineering Program
The Civil Engineering Program Educational Objectives can be summarized as follows. Graduates of the Civil Engineering Program at the University of New Orleans, within a few years after graduation:
- Will meet or exceed the expectations of the employers of program graduates.
- Will attain professional advancement.
- Will serve the needs of society by working and assuming leadership roles in the related fields of civil engineering.
Student Learning Outcomes
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
Graduates of the UNO Civil Engineering program (upon receiving B.S. in Civil Engineering) acquire certain abilities, knowledge, and professional qualities during their education at UNO. Before graduating from the program all students must meet and demonstrate they have met the following outcomes:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
New or potential CEE undergraduate students should review the College of Engineering's information for engineering freshmen, which includes an important link to the University catalog. The admission process to our bachelor's program is managed by the UNO Office of Admissions.
The degree requirements for civil engineering is an overview of courses required to complete the degree program.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
The following table summarizes enrollment and graduation data for the BSc Civil Engineering program for the past 4 years. More detailed numbers can be obtained from UNO's Institutional Research and Data Management (IRDM) website.
|Academic Year||Fall Enrollment||# of B.Sc. Degrees Awarded|