On-Campus Housing Requirement
A University of Louisiana System policy requires that all unmarried, full-time undergraduate students regardless of age or emancipation status, live in Pontchartrain Halls or Privateer Place Apartments as long as space is available.
This policy further states that in the event a college or university under the Board of Trustees cannot provide adequate housing for students in this category, they may be exempt according to the following priorities:
- Those students residing within 50 road miles with parents, grandparents, or married brothers/sisters.
- Students living in a parish or city identified as within 50 road miles from campus.
- Those students 21 years of age on or before the first day of classes.
- Determined through marriage or parenthood (provide a copy of the marriage license or birth certificate.)
- An extreme financial situation that would prevent the student from attending UNO due to on-campus living requirements. FAFSA must be filed with UNO if you select this reason. (Attach a letter
- Medical condition that requires special living accommodations that residential life cannot reasonably provide. (Attach doctor's note.)
- Extenuating circumstances. (Attach detailed letter explaining circumstances.)
- Educational requirements, to include internships, co-ops, and student teaching. (Requires Department
The University can only house a relatively small percent of its enrollment, therefore, continuing students are currently exempt from the residency requirement.
Submit your exemption request prior to your orientation program for timely processing, priority processing given to those who submit their exemption request and needed documentation prior to July 20.