Located at Milneburg Road and St. Anthony Avenue on the University of New Orleans Lakefront campus, Pontchartrain Halls offer comfortable, community oriented student housing with privacy. Total occupancy for both halls is 740 consisting of three different floor plans; each student receives their own bedroom.
Common areas with a lobby and seating areas, study, and social areas are designed with student needs and comfort as a focus. Modern laundry facilities are located in both buildings; cost of laundry is included in rental rate. Pontchartrain North has a game room and a convenience store, and both halls boast a full community kitchen. All units are furnished with wifi included.
*Parking areas are provided around both buildings with overflow parking provided across Milneburg Road located directly in the rear of the Human Performance Center. Residents are required to complete vehicle registration and parking decal pick each semester in the Office for Residential Life. Entrance to both halls requires card access, and video surveillance and 24 hour staffed front desks offer enhanced security.
Living Learning Communities in Pontchartrain Halls
The University's Pontchartrain Hall North and Pontchartrain South have three specialized communities.
Each floor in the Pontchartrain Halls is able to accommodate approximately 85 to 90 students
Apply for Housing
To access the Pontchartrain Hall application, log into your UNO email account and visit myapps.uno.edu. The Residential Life app will be accessible from myapps.uno.edu if you are logged into your student email account.
Select the app
Once you are in the app, select "Applications & Forms" on the left side of the screen.
Select the application for the semester/ term you wish to apply.
Please use this app to complete roommate matching and room selection during the designated times. Designated date for these processes will be posted on the home screen of the app. Students with completed housing applications will also receive email reminders regarding these processes.
Note: Delgado students must contact the Office of Residential Life via email prior to completing their housing application as additional steps are required.
Office of Disability Services
UNO is committed to provide for the needs of enrolled or admitted students who have disabilities under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA).
If you have a disability and require academic accommodations while enrolled at University of New Orleans, please take this opportunity to self-identify to the Office of Disability Services (ODS).
Short-term Rental Laptops Available
The Office of Residential Life staff were approved to purchase several new items of technology from the Student Technology Fee to assist our residents in Pontchartrain Halls. These items are: headphones to be checked out at the North Hall or South Hall front desk, video cameras to assist with virtual technology needs installed on the computers in the North Hall 1st floor computer lab, North Hall 4th floor lounge and South Hall 4th floor computer lab, and laptops for short term rentals by residential students.
Do you need to check out a laptop for short term use? Use the reservation form linked below.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How long can a laptop be checked-out for? Laptops can be checked out for a maximum of 3 days. Laptops must be returned by Friday at 4 pm unless reserved from Friday to Monday.
- Where do I pick up the laptop? Once your registration is confirmed via email, you will need to pick up the laptop from the Office of Residential Life office (North 128) between 8:30 am- 4 pm Monday- Friday on the designated pick up date. Laptops will not be distributed by the front desk staff or after hours staff.
- Where do I return the laptop? You must return the laptop to the Office of Residential Life office (North 128) between 8:30 am- 4 pm Monday- Friday. $50 per day fines will apply if the laptop is not returned on the due date. If not returned, the student will be charged for the full replacement cost of the equipment.
- How many laptops can I check out? One laptop may be checked out at a time per student. Limited numbers of laptops are available; registrations will be approved and confirmed in the order submitted.
- Can I save my documents on the laptop? The devices are programmed to delete data from the laptop when the laptop is closed down. We encourage you to save your data in your One drive, email or on a thumb drive so your data is not deleted.