How Faculty Can Use EAB Navigate to Support Students
View the recording of the September 29, 2022 workshop here (requires login with UNO credentials).
Log in to EAB Navigate on MyApps or click here.
EAB Navigate has some great resources available on their Toolkits & Guides page, including:
- Faculty Training Toolkit
- Navigating Difficult Student Conversations Guide
- Quick Poll Library
- Student Communications Tool: Emails Templates and Best Practices
Fall 2022 New Faculty Orientation Handouts
- Center for Teaching Innovation - Orientation Basics
- Learning Resource Center - Fostering Student's Academic Success
Understanding UNO's Office of Research Support for Faculty
October 20, 2021 Workshop
Responding to Disasters: Mental Health Crisis Management
October 6, 2021 Workshop - Resources Mentioned
UNO's Employee Assistance Program
- This benefit provides hundreds of free resources
- Visit https://www.uno.edu/hrm/employee-assistance for more details
Keep Calm Line
Crisis Text Line
- Text REACHOUT to 741741
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- En Español: 1-888-628-9454
- Deaf/hard of hearing: 1-800-799-4889
- Call 211
- The region’s most comprehensive source for information and referrals for social services and other resources.
Metropolitan Human Services District
- Serves Orleans, Plaquemines, and St. Bernard parishes.
- Visit their website: Metropolitan Human Services District
- Call (504) 568-3130 for more information about their services.
Metropolitan Crisis Response Team
If you or someone you know is in a behavioral health crisis
- Call (504) 826-2675
- This team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week in Orleans, Plaquemines, and St. Bernard Parishes.
Someone may be having a behavioral health crisis when they are:
- in danger of hurting themselves or others
- in need of emergency housing
- having an alcohol or drug crisis
- a person with mental illness feeling overwhelmed or unstable
Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority
- Serves Jefferson Parish https://www.jphsa.org/
- Call (504) 349-8833 for more information about their services
- 24/7 crisis line for Jefferson Parish: (504) 832-5123
Disaster Distress Helpline
- Call or Text 1-800-985-5990
- Español: Llama o envía un mensaje de texto 1-800-985-5990 presiona “2”
- For Deaf and Hard of Hearing ASL Callers: To connect directly to an agent in American Sign Language, click the "ASL Now" button below or call 1- 800-985-5990 from your videophone. ASL Support is available 24/7.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Disaster Technical Assistance Center (SAMHSA DTAC)
- Toll-Free: 1-800-308-3515
- Website: http://www.samhsa.gov/dtac
- Website: http://www.mentalhealth.gov
- MentalHealth.gov provides U.S. government information and resources on mental health.
Hotlines National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Toll-Free: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)
- TTY: 1-800-799-4TTY (1-800-799-4889)
- Website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
Fall 2021 New Faculty Orientation Handouts
Learning Resource Center
- Fostering Students' Academic Success Presentation
- Explanation of Navigate's Alerts and Cases
- Alerts - Help Center
Student Accountability and Disability Services | Title IX Compliance
What New Faculty Need to Know to Get Off to a Great Start
UNO Information Technology