Handshake and Job Search Assistance for Students
Login and customize your profile TODAY to maximize your career potential!
Career Services Database
Career Services utilizes the Handshake platform to automate the connection process for student and employer profiles, resume and cover letter uploads, job postings, internship/apprenticeship/cooperative experiences, and register for career events tailored to YOUR career interests.
Get started with Handshake
Every UNO student has a Handshake account registered to their UNO student email address, but please log in and complete your profile at uno.joinhandshake.com to not miss out!
- Sign in using your UNO username and password credentials (the same that you use for moodle, webstar, email, etc.).
- On your first login, you will be prompted to complete your profile and choose settings to increase Handshake's ability to match you to jobs, internships and employers that fit your interests. Settings can be changed at any time.
What can you do with Handshake?
- Find a part-time job: on-campus, or off-campus
- Obtain an internship or full-time position
- Store resumes, cover letters, transcripts and other professional documents
- View a calendar of upcoming events including workshops and information sessions hosted by Career Services
- See which employers are coming to career fairs
- Schedule on-campus interviews with employers who want to hire you for a career position
- Interact with employers within Handshake
- Put your scholarship, leadership, and citizenship skills to work
In Handshake, click on the Jobs & Internships tab at the left of the page. Specify the job type you are searching for (Job, Internship, On Campus Student Employment) by clicking on left filter menu. Create a saved filter by clicking on "Save these filters" located at the top center of the page, and labeling it appropriately. You can reuse the search by clicking on "My Saved Filters" which will show a list of your previously saved searches. Note that you can specify one as your default search.
Learn about Upcoming Career Fairs
In Handshake, click on the Search Fairs link under the Events section on the left side of the page. You will see a page listing the Career Fairs and by selecting the one you are interested in, you will see a list of employers that are attending the fair and the positions they are recruiting for.
In Handshake, go to Documents link under the My Profile section. Click the Add New Document button or one of the "upload one?" links, select the appropriate document type, and drag-and-drop the document into the drop area. Remember to label your document appropriately (ex: Jane Doe – Marketing Resume).
Although we do our best to ensure the legitimacy of all employers, jobs, and companies on the UNO Handshake platform, please visit https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/115008792627 if you are questioning the legitimacy of a job opportunity, employer contact, email address, or company.
Alternative Step-by-step instructions for Current Students to Log-in to Handshake in List Form:
All current students have preloaded Handshake profiles.
- Go to https://www.joinhandshake.com/
- Click “Log in” icon in the top right corner
- Enter your UNO student email address
- Click “University of New Orleans Sign On”
- Enter your UNO email password
- Complete your profile to start discovering amazing career paths and find amazing jobs and internships!