Employers and Recruiters
First Step: Register with UNO Career Services
Handshake - Register & Post a Position
Career Services uses a new dynamic recruitment platform known as Handshake, a contemporary recruitment and career planning software that will enhance your brand and connect you directly with talented UNO students and recent alumni.
To learn more about using Handshake, please visit the Handshake Resource Center for useful articles on Getting Started, Managing User Settings, Understanding Privacy Settings, Posting a Job, and much more!
What Can You Do With Handshake?
- Post a part-time or full time job or internship
- Post a work-study job
- Schedule interviews with students who wish to join your company/organization
- Register for career fairs and request information sessions
- Help UNO students to put their scholarship, leadership, and citizenship skills to work
Instructions for Registering on Handshake
- VERIFY: Handshake will send you a verification email to the email you provided. Verify your account by clicking “Confirm Email” upon receiving it.
- CONNECT WITH YOUR COMPANY: After confirming your email, if your company already exists, Handshake should prompt you to connect with your organization. You can also use a search bar to find your company, or click the “Create New Company” button.
- CONNECT WITH UNO: Use the search bar to find "University of New Orleans" and click the “+” to connect with us!
- CONFIRMATION: Your connection will be reviewed by UNO Career Services staff. Once reviewed, you will receive a confirmation email notifying you that you are now connected with UNO.
Instructions for Posting a Job on Handshake
Now that you are connected with UNO on Handshake, you can post your job!
- POST A JOB: Log in to Handshake and click “Post a Job” on your home dashboard. You will be asked to provide information in regards to the Job Basics, Job Details, and Job Preferences. *Please note according to UNO Career Services policies, cooperative education, experiential learning, and volunteer positions will not be approved. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- SCHOOL SELECTION: On the left side of the screen, you will be able to add schools. Click the “+” next to "University of New Orleans" to add UNO!
- CREATE: Choose “Create” on the bottom navigation to create and review your job.
- CONFIRMATION: Your job posting will be reviewed by UNO Career Services staff. Once reviewed, you will receive a confirmation email notifying you that the position will be posted and available to UNO students and alumni.
For additional information click here