Student Learning Outcomes
College of Science
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
Graduating mathematics majors will be able to:
- Analyze and solve basic problems requiring analytical skills.
- Analyze and solve fundamental problems requiring abstract analytical skills.
- Apply mathematical knowledge to other areas of science and engineering.
- Analyze and solve basic problems requiring statistical knowledge.
- Communicate knowledge through written work.
- Communicate knowledge through oral work.
The program is designed to provide a sound preparation for graduate study as well as prepare students for careers in business, government, industry, and teaching. The specific courses required to major in mathematics can be found at the degree requirements page. Eligible students can elect to participate in our honors program, and it is also possible to minor in mathematics.