Arts Administration M.A.
The list of courses provided is a sample of what courses may be offered. Not all courses will be offered every semester. Please use the above link for an up-to-date list of courses.
Next Steps for Applicants
|Core Arts Administration Courses (9 hours) - Required
||Development for Arts Organizations
||Arts Administration: Legal and Business Applications
||Marketing the Arts
|Arts Administration Courses (21 hours) - Required
||Arts Organizations & Businesses
||Research Methodology in the Arts
||Arts Leadership & Board Development
||Arts Education for the Administrator
||Writing & Presentation for Arts Administrators
||Arts Public Policy & Advocacy
|Arts Administration Elective Options (6 hours) - Required**
||Arts and Community
||A Music Overview for Arts Administrators
||Public Relations in the Arts
||Branding in the Arts
||Fundraising Event Planning
**Students must take 2 electives. They may be a combination of any of the classes listed above, practicum(s)**, SUNO Classes in Museum Studies, or other approved graduate level classes
|Internship (6 hours)-Required
Student Course Load
Student Course Load
- Complete 36 hours of courses, maintaining a 3.0 GPA
- Students must take 2 electives. They may take AADM elective classes, complete practicum(s)**, or take approved graduate level classes at UNO or in SUNO’s Museum Studies Master’s program.
- During the course of study, a student must take and pass Comprehensive Exams which cover material from the Core Arts Administration classes (Arts Marketing, Arts Law, and Development) and successfully complete AADM 6507 Research Methodology in the Arts. Comprehensive Exams must be passed before you will be allowed to register for AADM 6990 Internship or AADM 7000 Thesis Research.
- AADM 6990 Internship is a six-credit course. A required 480 hour internship within New Orleans or elsewhere in the country or internationally. Established internship relations exist with leading area visual and performing arts institutions and new opportunities are continually developed. This culminate in an internship report and report defense.
- AADM 7000 Thesis Research is a six-credit course that is an alternative option to the Internship. Students must have passed a Comprehensive Exam and have successfully completed AADM 6507 Research Methodology in the Arts before registering for AADM 7000.