How to Apply
All applicants to the Master's-level Arts Administration Program at UNO must complete the online application, which can be found at on UNO Admissions website. The application is for both the Arts Administration Program and the Graduate School at the University of New Orleans.
* Deadlines subject to change. Please check application deadlines.
|Semester||International Applicants||All Other Applicants||Applications Accompanied by Scholarship Applications|
|Fall (August) Entry*||July 1||July 1||March 1|
|Spring (January) Entry*||October 15||October 15||NA|
Prospective students must meet, at minimum, the following UNO Graduate School admission requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Applicants should have an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0, and 3.0 for any post-baccalaureate work (on a 4.0 scale).
- Satisfactory academic standing at the last college or university attended.
Applicants who are unable to supply complete credentials because they are currently enrolled in a university program may be granted provisional admission provided all records, except for the semester in progress, have been submitted. In such cases complete credentials must be received not later than 30 days after the first day of classes in the fall and spring semester and not later than 15 days after the first day of classes in the summer session, or admission may be canceled.
Additionally, the following materials are required for all applicants. ALL application materials must be received before your application can be processed.
- Official Transcripts & GPA Requirements - Submit all undergraduate and any postgraduate official transcripts.
- Statement of Purpose - Maximum one page. Describing why you wish to pursue a master’s degree in Arts Administration. When prompted by the online application, please upload this document as a .pdf.
- Current Curriculum Vitae/Resume - Detailing business, academic and arts-related experience. When prompted by the online application, please upload this document as a .pdf.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation - You will be prompted to provide basic information and input the email addresses of the individuals you have chosen as references. Upon inputting the email addresses, the references will be sent individual emails prompting them to submit digital letters of recommendation. It is highly recommended that you request your references prior to inputting their information. Letters should be written by professors, employers, etc. who are well acquainted with your work and abilities, and not by close personal friends or relatives.
- International Students only: If your education was completed outside of the U.S. or another recognized English-speaking country (e.g. Australia, Belize, Canada, Jamaica, U.K.), you'll need to provide proof of English proficiency. The following are measures of English proficiency currently accepted by the Graduate School:
TOEFL: Internet-based test score of 79 total or Computer-based test score of 550 l http://www.ets.org/toefl/
IELTS: overall band score of 6.5 l http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_information.aspx
PTE: Academic score of 58 l http://pearsonpte.com/test-takers/test/
Satisfactory completion of the Intensive English Language Program at UNO l IELP
Optional Application Materials within ApplyYourself
Please note: Your eligibility for admission is not affected in any way by indicating your interest in these options.
- UNO Graduate Assistantship - Optional, but highly recommended that you indicate your interest in working as a Graduate Assistant within your ApplyYourself application.
- UNO Graduate Scholarship - FALL-ENTRY APPLICANTS ONLY. Optional, but highly recommended that you indicate your interest in receiving a scholarship within your ApplyYourself application.