Honors IN HRT
To graduate with honors in Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Administration, the following requirements must be fulfilled:
- Completion of the requirements for a Bachelor of Science in Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Administration.
- Maintain a grade point average of at least 3.5 in the Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Administration courses, and a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5.
- Completion of a Senior Honors Thesis, which includes earning six hours of credit for Senior Honors Thesis.
- Arrange for a faculty member in the relevant discipline to direct the thesis.
- Receive approval from the director of the Honors Program to register for Senior Thesis credit.
- Register for the course hours required by the School of Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Administration for Senior Honors Thesis.
- Give an oral defense of the thesis to a committee composed of the thesis director, a member of the faculty selected by the director of the School of Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Administration, and a representative of the Honors Program.