Interested in birds or birdwatching? UNO's urban-situated campus is an important migratory flyway with an active birder community!
Keep UNO Beautiful needs your help to make our campus more environmentally-friendly! Come work with us, meet like-minded people, and make an impact on our collective future.
With your help, Keep UNO Beautiful can implement more sustainability initiatives on our campus. Our online donation form only takes a moment to fill out, and you can give any amount, big or small!
Support sustainability in your community today:
Join a Club
Take a Class
Not all classes are offered every semester, and some classes have mandatory prerequisites. Reference the UNO Course Catalog for more information.
- FA-4749 Painting II — Paint a mural of endangered birds on the Administration Courtyard utility doors! Inspired by the Audubon Mural Project. (Spring 2022)
- BIOS-1063 Biodiversity for Non-Science Majors
- BIOS-3651 General Ecology Laboratory
- BIOS-3653 General Ecology
- BIOS-4534 Conservation Biology
- BIOS-4844 Plant Taxonomy
- BIOS-4933 Marine Ecology
- BIOS-5534 Conservation Ecology
- BIOS-6063 Topics in Ecology and Environmental Science
- CHEM-1003 Fundamentals of Environmental Chemistry
Civil & Environmental Engineering
- ENCE-3326 Environmental Engineering Laboratory
- ENCE-3327 Introduction to Environmental Engineering
- ENCE-4316 Sustainability Principles for Engineers
- ENCE-5316 Sustainability Principles for Engineers
Earth & Environmental Sciences
- EES-1002 Introduction to Environmental Science
- EES-1003 Introduction to Environmental Sciences Laboratory
- EES-2510 Environmental Science and Policy
- EES-4520 Estuarine Environmental Science
- EES-4560 Environmental Geology of Coastal Louisiana
- EES-4949 Natural Resource Management
- EES-5520 Estuarine Environmental Science
- EES-5560 Environmental Geology of Costal Louisiana
- EES-5949 Natural Resource Management
- EES-6760 Coastal Restoration & Management
- GEOG-1600 Environmental Geography
- HIST-2000 Environmental History
- ENME-4723 Ocean and Coastal Engineering
- ENME-5723 Ocean and Coastal Engineering
- TRNS-6100 Environment and Energy
- URBN-4145 Green Infrastructure
- URBN-5145 Green Infrastructure
Join a Committee
Conduct a Study
Have an idea for a research project that might influence our future efforts? The UNO Office of Research can help you identify funding opportunities, prepare proposals for submission, and manage awards throughout every stage.
We also maintain a list of funding opportunities which may particularly interest you.