Please click on the following link for Spring 2021 Commencement details.
Please click on the following link for the Commencement Photograph Instruction.
Please click on the following link for the Academic Costume Guide.
Please click on the following link for the Graduation Dress Guidelines.
Please direct all graduation related queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the following link for Spring 2021 Commencement details.
May 19-20, 2021 at the UNO Lakefront Arena
UNO is pleased to announce that we will hold multiple in-person commencement ceremonies this spring. Graduates will have the opportunity to walk across the stage, have their names called and have their photo taken during the ceremonies.
Graduates must RSVP by April 14 via the form below in order to attend one of the ceremonies. Please review the information below carefully and complete the RSVP form to help us plan.
REGISTRATION Button (https://forms.gle/BKeXHoyAdtUGqQSm8
Please know that if the status of the pandemic changes, or if the city’s event guidelines change, the University may have to alter its plans. At this time, here is what to expect if you attend:
- Each college—and the graduate school—will hold a commencement ceremony for their graduates and will follow all city, state and university guidelines regarding maximum capacity restrictions, physical distancing and mask wearing.
- Ceremonies will be held at the UNO Lakefront Arena on May 19 and 20 and will be live streamed online for those unable to attend in person. Ceremony dates and times for each college will be assigned once we know how many graduates are attending.
- Each graduate will be allocated four guest tickets. Guests must be from the same household and will be seated together. More information on tickets will be provided in late April.
- Dates and times of the ceremonies will be posted at commencement.uno.edu once we know how many graduates are attending. Your RSVP is critical to our planning process.
- Graduates will be seated in physically distanced seats and will be invited to walk across the stage when their name is called.
- To minimize contact with others, graduates will not shake hands with anyone while on stage.
- Also, to minimize contact, graduate students will not be hooded during the commencement ceremony. Each college will host a separate hooding ceremony; details about these events will be forthcoming.
- All graduates and their guests are expected to follow the COVID-19 safety protocols put forth in the UNO Return to Campus Guide including remaining six feet apart from people not in your immediate household and wearing a face covering that covers your nose and mouth at all times.
- Any person who is ill, particularly with COVID-19 symptoms or has had close contact with someone infected with COVID-19 in the last 10 days, should not attend the commencement ceremonies. All ceremonies will be live streamed for those who cannot attend in person.
- To request disability-related accommodations, please contact Office of Registrar at email@example.com.
For questions about the commencement ceremonies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Students who wish to graduate for Spring 2021 must fill out the Application for Degree on WebSTAR by Monday, March 1, 2021. You will find information at: Application For Degree
Diploma/Graduation fees are not refundable after the deadlines for the respective term.
Announcements & Formal Graduation Photos
You may order personalized announcements online through http://www.balfour.com/uno/ or you may call toll free to place your order at 1-877-225-3687. Blank announcements will also be available in the Bookstore which is open Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm; Friday, 8:00 am to 2:00 pm.
The UNO Bookstore will also have information about Graduate Photo Days which will be held at the end of March.
You may also order your official UNO class ring by visiting http://www.balfour.com/
The Degree conferral date for Spring 2021 graduates is May 31, 2021. Students have not officially graduated until this date. Diplomas may be picked up at the Registrar’s Office in the Privateer Enrollment Center, located in the Earl K. Long Library, beginning on June 1, 2021 (as May 31 is Memorial Day). This is subject to change.
Students who desire to have their diplomas mailed must fill out the Diploma Mailing Form with the mailing address.
In order to graduate, students must be active in their program. For Undergraduate students, this means that if you have completed all of your coursework prior to the semester in which you plan to graduate, notify your college or email@example.com so that they can enroll you in a "degree only" course in order to maintain your active status. For Graduate students, please contact the Graduate School for more details.
All fees and other financial obligations to the University must be paid 48 hours prior to degree conferral in order to receive your diploma on time. If you think you are delinquent in any manner, contact the Bursar for fees and traffic fines (504-280-5500 or 504-280-6504), and/or the Library for library fines (504-280-6355).
UNO now has customized UNO Blue regalia for the commencement ceremony.
Doctoral students only - While Doctoral students must purchase their own tam, the charge of renting the doctoral robe will be covered by the University for doctoral candidates, and their doctoral hood will be given to the candidates by the University during the commencement ceremony. Please contact the UNO Bookstore to order your robe and tam.
Undergraduate and Master’s students - The graduation regalia for Undergraduate and Master’s students on the graduation list is free of charge, and will be available at the UNO Bookstore. Graduation regalia will be available in the bookstore after that date, Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm; Friday, 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
Bookstore personnel will need to know your height and weight along with the type of degree you are receiving such as a bachelor or master, and your major. Graduation regalia will NOT be available at the commencement ceremony!
You may contact the UNO Bookstore by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 504-280-6373.
Candidates may wear honor cords from authorized academic honor societies. Candidates will not be able to participate in the commencement ceremony if academic apparel is deemed inappropriate by graduation staff.
Academic apparel should be worn to the commencement site. Military dress uniform may be worn in lieu of academic regalia.
Please do not bring cell phones, umbrellas, purses or other items of extra apparel with you to the UNO Lakefront Arena as you are not permitted to carry or wear these in the Procession. Academic apparel should be worn to the commencement site. There will be no place to secure items you bring with you.
1. Please see important information about guests on the UNO Commencement website.
2. Guests with mobility issues can ask attendants inside the Arena to direct them to the accessible seating. Due to limited space, a guest needing the seating may have only one additional person accompanying them in the accessible seating.
3. The doors will be open to the public approximately an hour before the exercises are scheduled to begin.
4. To request other accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Online Flower Ordering for Graduation
Present your honored graduate with beautiful flowers!
If you would like to commemorate this special occasion with a special floral gift, please take a moment to shop our selection online at the website listed below. All online orders will be available for pickup on site the day of the graduation. Your order will be ready at the floral booth located conveniently at the entrance on the Lakefront Arena concourse before the ceremony begins. You will have an opportunity to present the gift yourself immediately following the ceremony. All of the same products available on the website will also be available on site at the same prices. Ordering ahead of time guarantees your selection of color/size.
Student Loan Exit Interview
If at any time you have ever received any type of Stafford or Perkins student loan through the University, you must complete an exit interview prior to graduation. To Sign your Exit Counseling for Federal Direct Stafford loans, please visit: www.studentloans.gov . In order to access your account, you must use your FAFSA PIN number. Federal Perkins Loan exit interviews must be completed online at www.uasexit.com . Contact the Office of Student Financial Aid (504-280-3270) if you have any questions about this requirement for Stafford loan recipients. Students with a Federal Perkins loans question should call the Perkins Loan Coordinator at 504-280-6506 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact UNO's Federal Perkins Loan administrator University Accounting Services at (800) 999-6227 for questions.
Transcripts with degrees posted will be available once all work has been evaluated. Transcript requests should be made through Transcripts on Demand at link. Indicate in the comment column "to hold for degree." Transcript requests with degrees posted will be available after May 31, 2021, for spring graduates. PLEASE NOTE that walk-up transcript requests and same-day transcript request not available. See the above site for details.