Nikolaos I. Xiros, DEng.
- Dr. Eng., National Technical University of Athens, Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, 2001
- M.Sc., University of New Orleans, Applied Physics, 2019
- M.Sc., University of New Orleans, Mathematics, 2017
- Dipl. Eng., National Technical University of Athens, Electrical and Computer Engineering, 1995
Nikolas Xiros is a J.L. Goldman Endowed Professor in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering at the University of New Orleans. His career spans more than 20 years in both industry and academia and his expertise lies within the fields of marine and electromechanical systems engineering. He holds an electrical engineer's degree, a MS in mathematics and a marine engineering doctorate. His research interests are process modeling and simulation, system identification, dynamics and control, reliability, signal and data analysis. He is author of many technical papers and Springer monograph 'Robust Control of Diesel Ship Propulsion'. He is also a Chief Editor for the recently published Springer Handbook of Ocean Engineering.
Marine and ocean engineering with emphasis on propulsion, power and energy as well as mechatronics, robotics, autonomous vehicles, dynamics and control; further, in electromechanics and renewables, with focus on mathematical modeling and process simulation, dynamical system identification and feedback synthesis, reliability, signal and data analysis.
Honors and Awards
- Xiros, N.I. (2020). Feedback Linearization of Dynamical Systems with Modulated States for Harnessing Water Wave Power. Synthesis Lectures on Ocean Systems Engineering, May 2020, Morgan & Claypool Publishers.
- Xiros, N.I. (2018). Mathematical Magnetohydrodynamics. Synthesis Lectures on Mechanical Engineering, January 2018, Morgan & Claypool Publishers.
- Dhanak, M., Xiros, N.I. (eds.)(2016). Springer Handbook of Ocean Engineering. Springer, Heidelberg, Germany.
- Xiros, N.I. (2002). Robust Control of Diesel Ship Propulsion. Springer-Verlag, London, UK.