Nationally Ranked & Accredited
The UNO MPA program is one of four MPA programs in Louisiana that are professionally accredited by NASPAA. For more information about our accreditation, see NASPAA Accreditation.
Mission of the UNO MPA Program
In support of UNO's urban mission, the MPA program seeks to enhance the quality of public service, primarily in the Greater New Orleans area, through:
- Academic programs that prepare students for leadership in public and nonprofit organizations;
- Research that is relevant to the tasks of public administration and policy making, and;
- Outreach that applies faculty expertise to the needs of the broader community.
Choosing the UNO MPA Program
- The program offers outstanding faculty who combine academic excellence and practical experience, access to special expertise in hazard policy, nonprofit leadership, and transportation administration.
- Opportunities to work and learn in New Orleans
- Convenient class schedules; instruction in a traditional classroom setting with some coursework offered online
- A diverse student body
Joint Juris Doctorate Degree
We offer a joint JD (law degree) with the School of Law at Loyola University New Orleans.
The MPA program offers specializations in Nonprofit leadership (NPL) and Hazard Policy.
Enhancing the Quality of Public Service
According to the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA), the Masters of Public Administration (MPA) degree is the core professional degree for a management career in public service. The curriculum is designed to aid students in developing the skills and techniques used by leaders and managers to implement policies, projects, and programs that resolve important societal problems. Graduates of an MPA program work in all levels of government (federal, state, and local), in nonprofits, in international organizations, in consulting firms, and in the private sector.