College of Liberal Arts | B.A. In Fine Art
The information below reflects the degree requirements for the current academic year.
General Education Requirements : Total 39
Mathematics * (6)
Foreign Language 1001 (3)
Foreign Language 1002 (3)
English Literature (3)
Social Sciences2 (6)
FA 1050 Design Fundamentals (3)
Other Requirements : Total 30
Social Sciences 2000+ (6)
Electives outside of major 3000+ (6)
Foreign Language 2001/1001 (3)
General Electives8 (12-15)
Course Requirements for Major : Total 18
FA 1551 Digital Photography Fundamentals or FA 1051 Digital Design (3)
FA 1060 Drawing I (3)
FA 2201 Art History Survey I: Prehistory to the Thirteenth Century (3)
FA 2202 Art History Survey II: Fourteenth Century to the Present (3)
FA 4267 Contemporary Art: Postmodernism and Beyond (1970-present) : Gender & Sexuality (Lecture) (6)
FA Electives 3000+ Art Studio and/or Art History7 (3)
Studio Arts Option : Total 36
Introduction Courses (9) Choose three5
FA 2450 Introduction to Photography
FA 2550 Introduction to Digital Art, Video & Animation
FA 2650 Introduction to Sculpture,
FA 2750 Introduction to Painting,
FA 2850 Introduction to Printmaking
FA 4599 Senior Project (3)
Arts History 3000+ (6)
FA Option (9) One Area6 or Three classes from the approved list
FA 3450 Advanced Studio Practice in Photography
FA 3550 Advanced Studio in Digital Art, Video & Animation
FA 3650 Advanced Studio Practice in Sculpture
FA 3750 Advanced Studio Practice in Painting
FA 3850 Advanced Studio Practice in Printmaking
FA 3301 Drawing II (3)
FA Electives 3000+ (6) Studio Art and/or Art History7
Total Credit Hours Required : 120
- "C" or better required
- Must include courses from two different fields (ANTH, ECON, GEOG, POLI, PSYC, SOC, or URBN) and at least 6 hours at 2000-level or higher. Check General Education Courses to confirm courses fulfilling this requirement.
- 6 hour sequence in one science. Select from BIOS, CHEM, EES, PHYS. 3 hours must be BIOS. Check General Education Courses to confirm courses fulfilling this requirement.
- Studio Art majors must complete 9 credit hours in one language or 6 credit hours in two languages. Art History majors must complete 12 credit hours in one language.
- Three out of five courses must be taken at the 2000 level from this list (2450, 2550, 2650, 2750 and 2850.) You must take the 2000 class before you can enroll in the 3000 level advanced studio class.
- Three courses in advanced studio practice (3000-level) in the chosen area of specialization or three classes from the list: (FA 3450, FA 3550, FA 3650, FA 3750 and FA 3850) to complete the requirement for oral competency. Students must complete three advanced level classes from this list before they can enroll in FA 4599 Senior Project.
- Electives in any 3000+ Art Studio or Art History courses.
- Free electives can be taken from any Department including Fine Arts.