How to Apply
- A Bachelor's degree in a field of engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program or in the case of foreign students, must present evidence of an equivalent preparation.
* Applicants with a Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics or the sciences, as well as those with other undergraduate degrees, will be considered on a case-by-case basis subject to the conditions outlined.
- A grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 for undergraduate work and for all graduate and post-bachelor work.
* Applicants who have an undergraduate GPA between 2.5 and 3.0 may be considered for probationary admission on a case-by-case basis which will include a review of their last 60 hours of engineering course work and GRE scores.
* Students who are admitted on probation must complete 9 hours of graduate level engineering course work with an average of B or better in order to be removed from probation.
- Official test scores for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) prior to consideration.
* Applicants should check with the Graduate Coordinator in their major for minimum percentile scores (quantitative and analytical) required for admission.
All students applying for the master's program must meet the general requirements of the UNO Graduate School and the Dr. Robert A. Savoie College of Engineering.
Applicants Without an Undergraduate Degree in Engineering
Students holding a Bachelor's degree without an undergraduate degree in engineering must:
- Take the required non-engineering courses or demonstrate that they have taken equivalent courses, and,
- Complete a core foundation of general engineering studies by taking one set of the appropriate courses and any prerequisites to these courses or by passing equivalent credit examinations. The core foundation courses must be completed with a grade of B or better.