How to Apply
UNO ISEP Outgoing Students Application Instructions
We are excited that you have decided to make study abroad an integral part of your UNO degree! By spending a semester or two at one of UNO's partner institutions, you will gain knowledge and skills far beyond the classroom that will change your life in so many ways it's hard to describe! It is important to know, however, that studying abroad for a longer-term program takes a lot of planning and follow-through. You must not only meet eligibility requirements to apply, but you must also have selected the right partner institution for you, know which semester(s) you want to study abroad, and have talked with your academic counselor to alert them to your intentions to embark upon this amazing journey! Typically, students plan at least 6 months to 1 year ahead of their expected departure.
If you have not discussed your hopes, dreams, goals, and ambitions with us, make an appointment right away so we can be sure you find the right international partner for you!
NOTE: Students must be aware of the local deadlines and academic calendar for the schools to which they are applying. Most have academic calendars that differ widely from the UNO academic calendar. Also, deadlines for different institutions can be quite different, and students are responsible for adhering to those deadlines.
In order to participate, students must:
- Be enrolled at UNO as a degree-seeking student
- Have at least 3 full-time semesters of university study prior to participation
- Have at least a 2.5 GPA
- Have the required language proficiency depending upon exchange program deadlines
- March 15 for Fall semesters
- October 15 for Spring semesters
- Partner institution deadlines may differ. Once you have chosen your program, check their web site for deadlines and requirements.