UNO Staff Council
The UNO Staff Council is dedicated to providing the best possible representation for the staff of the University. Our goal is to identify ways to support and enhance the lives of our valued fellow staff. Staff Council welcomes input from the entire university community in order to make the University of New Orleans the best place to work and prosper in the City of New Orleans and the State of Louisiana.
Staff Council typically meets on the third Thursday of every month. As of now, meetings are being held via Zoom.
How can you participate?
How does Staff Council serve you?
- Representation – You may voice concerns to the administration through any Staff Council representative.
- Recognition – Staff Council administers Service with Jazz, UNO's employee of the month program.
Nominate a co-worker today!
- Networking – We provide a space for you to meet, interact, and connect with the diverse community of staff members working across campus.
- Welcoming – Staff Council is a place for new and long-serving workers alike to meet fellow Privateers and learn about our University, campus, and culture.
- Resources – Staff Council invites guest speakers to demonstrate new skills, discuss policies and procedures, and announce initiatives relevant to you.
- Collaboration – We work with other areas to accomplish the strategic mission of the University.
- Support – We support our coworkers, leaders, faculty, staff, and students at UNO.
- Opportunities & Solutions – For every unique opportunity, we provide viable solutions.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Service with Jazz
In March 2022, Staff Council renewed focus on Service with Jazz, UNO's employee of the month program. Employees may be nominated by supervisors or co-workers at UNO. The nomination form asks for nominators to explain how the nominee embodied UNO's core values and went above and beyond in the applicable month.
To see a list of prior honorees or get more information about recipient benefits, visit the full Service with Jazz website.