UNO Staff Council
The UNO Staff Council is dedicated to providing the best possible representation for the staff of the University. Our goal is to identify ways to support and enhance the lives of our valued fellow staff. Staff Council welcomes input from the entire university community in order to make the University of New Orleans the best place to work and prosper in the City of New Orleans and the State of Louisiana.
Staff Council typically meets on the third Thursday of every month. As of now, meetings are being held via Zoom.
How does Staff Council serve you?
- Representation – You may voice concerns to the administration through any Staff Council representative.
- Scholarships – Staff Council has established a scholarship fund for the children of staff members through fundraising events.
- Holiday Food Drive – Staff Council coordinates the University’s efforts to collect food donations for the needy.
- Staff Socials – Staff Council sponsors events for all University employees to encourage communication and involvement.
- Employee Recognition – Staff Council administers the service pin and employee of month awards program which recognizes outstanding employees for their achievements.
How can you participate?
- Attend meetings
- Engage in social events
- Serve on committees
- Voice your opinions to any representative