Hospitality Research Center
Defining Tourism Opportunities
The Hospitality Research Center at the University of New Orleans is a collaborative effort of the Division of Business and Economic Research (DBER) and the School of Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Administration (HRT). Principally known for its economic analysis and forecasts, the DBER has also conducted research studies such as visitor profiles, forecast of tourism indicators, customer satisfaction surveys and analysis of casino gambling impacts. Each faculty member of the School of HRT has broad experience in the tourism and hospitality industry and has extensive academic preparation.
Working together, in cooperation with the professionals in the Division of Business and Economic Research, the UNO Hospitality Research Center is a Center of Excellence and consistently recognized for research productivity in the hospitality field. The function of the Hospitality Research Center is to provide a variety of research services to hospitality, travel and tourism organizations.
The UNO Metropolitan Report is a quarterly publication containing the analysis of recent trends and the short term outlook for the New Orleans metro area.
Selected Recent Projects
- Visitor Profiles determines demographics, expenditures, activities, and other trip characteristics in profiling domestic and international visitors, and visitors of Louisiana Welcome Centers
- Special Events Impact on the Economy evaluates the impact of specific media reports, French Quarter Festival, Tales of the Cocktail, New Orleans Food and Wine Experience and other special events
- Tourism Industry Salary Surveys examines compensation for various positions in the hospitality industry
- Louisiana Tourism Conversion Study evaluates for the Louisiana Office of Tourism, the effectiveness of media and advertising in bringing visitors to our state and direct economic impact resulting from those visitors
- Tourism Indicators Project monitors local visitation to measure the CVB tourism department's effectiveness
- Impact of Gambling on Local Tourism studies the effects of gaming on tourism in New Orleans