Homer L. Hitt Alumni and Visitors Center
Welcome to the Homer Hitt Alumni Center!
Overlooking Lake Pontchartrain, the Geoghegan Grand Ballroom located on the second floor of UNO’s Homer L. Hitt Alumni and Visitors Center is an excellent space to host your next special event. The Grand Ballroom takes advantage of Lake Pontchartrain vistas with floor to ceiling windows that provide an abundance of natural light. With over 2,000 sq. feet of space, the Geoghegan Grand Ballroom is an ideal venue for a variety of social and corporate events including birthdays, weddings, baby showers, retirement celebrations, retreats, conferences and more.
Amenities include free parking, built-in audio visual equipment and WI-FI.
- Geoghegan Grand Ballroom – 2,750 Square Feet (59’ by 46.6’)
- Lower Atrium (Hess Reception Hall) – 2,679 Square Feet (56’ by 47.8’)
- Front Patio – 4,400 Square Feet
- Back Patio - 4,000 Square Feet
- Entire Building – 14,239 Square Feet
- Morris Bart Boardroom can be reserved by contacting the Alumni Department at (504) 280-2586
- 72 inch round tables (14 in total)
- 30 inch round cabaret tables (20 in total)
- 8 foot rectangular tables (13 in total)
- 6 foot tables (2 in total)
- 175 chairs
- Audio/Visual Equipment
Geoghegan Grand Ballroom:
- Banquet (plated): 140 seated in rounds of 10
- Banquet (buffet): 140 seated in rounds of 10
- Theatre Style: 175 chairs
- Reception Style: 180
- Maximum Ballroom Capacity: 180
- Reception Style: 100
- Maximum Lower Atrium Capacity: 100
UNO Facilities are shown by appointment only. Please email email@example.com to set-up an appointment.