The Office of Accounting Services provides business services to students, faculty and staff through payroll, accounts payable, bursar and reporting functions. It also provides the accounting for the University's financial assets and accumulates financial information efficiently for the University in accordance with best business practices.
The units comprising the Office of Accounting Services include the Bursar's Office, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Accounts Payable, and General Accounting and Financial Reporting.
- Accounts Payable is responsible for payment of university obligations.
- Accounts Receivable is responsible for collection of monies due the University.
- The Bursar's Office is the depositary of monetary transactions for the University community including students, faculty and staff.
- The Financial Reporting & General Accounting and Financial Reporting unit prepares financial reports as required by the University, the UL System, and the Statewide Office of Reporting and Accounting Policy.
- Payroll is responsible for preparation of the payrolls for student, academic non-classified and classified employees.
It is the goal of the Office of Accounting Service to efficiently continue to assist students, faculty and staff on a wide variety of financial matters in the most timely, and responsive means possible.