Interested in Becoming a Psi Chi Member?
In order to become a member of Psi Chi you must meet the following requirements (under Psi Chi Constitution):
- Must be enrolled as a student at your school
- Must have completed at least 3 semesters (second-semester sophomore)
- Must have completed at least 9 semester hours or 14 quarter hours of psychology courses at your school
- Must have a 3.00 overall GPA & 3.00 GPA in psychology
- Must be within the upper 35% of class
- Must have a psychology GPA that is at least 3.00 on a 4-point scale
* Undergraduate students who have transferred to a new institution and are interested in becoming a Psi Chi member must meet the requirements listed above, plus complete one semester at the new institution to establish a GPA and complete 9 hours of psychology courses at the new institution.
All those who meet these requirements will be sent an invitation to become a member during the spring semester of each term. An Induction ceremony is held for all those who accept the invitation and pay a $65 fee ($55 national fee, $10 chapter fee).
Membership in Psi Chi is FOR LIFE. Members are not required to be active in Psi Chi in order to maintain membership, but we hope you will participate and be active within the organization.