Master of Science in Tax Accounting
This 30-hour program provides graduate study concentrated in areas such as partnership, corporation, and shareholder taxation, the tax problems of employee retirement plans, and tax research. It also is a foundation for entrance into doctoral programs and other professional studies.
The graduate programs build on the students' technical competence in undergraduate accounting and business courses. To provide a background for successful study at the graduate level, a series of foundation courses or their equivalents must be completed before enrolling in courses for graduate credit.
The degree requirements are an overview of courses required to complete the degree program.
WHY GET YOUR MS IN TAX AT UNO?
- Fast track your degree in 9 months or take your time in parallel with your job on your own timeline.
- Obtain your degree from a program in the top 2% of accounting programs worldwide.
- Get the opportunity for an MS in Tax Accounting from the only school in Louisiana to offer such a program and is recognized as one of the premier Accounting programs in the South.
- Earn a degree from a program that supports students through numerous scholarships and commands a higher starting salary in the marketplace.
- Be offered the opportunity to participate in on-campus recruiting by regional and national accounting firms and be more likely to have a job by the time you graduate.
- Build individual relationships with your professors and peers due to the small class size, helping you improve your communication and interactive skills.