Internal Auditing Program
The Department of Accounting at the University of New Orleans offers the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Endorsed Internal Auditing Program. The program is offered at only a few universities in the United States. Upon completion of the program, IIA will issue a certificate of completion. For more information visit the IIA website.
The program consists of 9 hours:
- Internal Auditing (ACCT 6167) in the spring semester
- Operational Auditing (ACCT6168) in the fall semester
Plus one of the following courses:
- ACCT 5142 - IT Auditing and Advanced Accounting Information Systems
- ACCT 4195 - Internship in Internal Auditing
- ACCT 6169 - Fraud Examination (Fall)
Students prepare for the Certified Auditing (CIA) Exam. The CIA exam requires a Bachelors Degree, not 150 hours.
For more information:
Contact Dr. Gina Rosa, (504) 280-7150, email@example.com.