Student Code of Conduct
Student Code of Conduct Process
This information is meant as a brief overview or a guide to the process. Full definitions, process explanations, and further details are provided in the Student Code of Conduct.
- Incident Report. An incident is reported to the Office of Student Accountability and Disability Services (here forward, “the Office”).
- Investigation. The Office begins the investigation process:
- Documentation regarding the incident is collected and evaluated by the investigator/s.
- Interviews may be conducted with the Complainant, Respondent, and any Witnesses.
- The case may be dismissed or move on through the process.
- Notice. Respondents are notified by the Office regarding the reported claim/s of their conduct violation.
- Administrative Conferences: If applicable, the Respondent and Director or Coordinator meet to discuss the incident. If agreement is reached on responsibility for violation(s), appropriate sanction(s) will be determined.
- Board of Review: Where cases cannot be resolved through an Administrative Conference, or where an outcome may likely result in suspension or expulsion, a Board of Review will hear the case.
- Appeal. The Respondent has an opportunity to file an appeal of the findings of an Administrative Conference to a Board of Review within five business days.
- Appeals of a Board of Review finding are reviewed by the Dean of Students.
- Closure. A case is closed when the Responding Party has completed sanction requirements issued by the Office. These files become part of a student’s educational record.