- Ph.D. in Counselor Education & Supervision at the University of Central Florida
- M.Ed. in School Counseling at Louisiana State University.
Dr. Christopher Belser, NCC, is an Associate Professor in the Counselor Education Program at the University of New Orleans. He earned his Ph.D. in Counselor Education & Supervision at the University of Central Florida and his M.Ed. in School Counseling at Louisiana State University. Dr. Belser has experience in Louisiana public and charter schools as a middle school counselor and as a high school career coach. He served as Co-Investigator on the National Science Foundation-funded UCF COMPASS Program, a interdisciplinary effort that sought to recruit and retain undergraduate students in STEM majors using career development as an intervention.
Dr. Belser has delivered dozens of presentations at local, state, national, and international conferences, has published numerous articles and book chapters on counseling and career-related topics. He is the current Associate Editor of the Journal of Child & Adolescent Counseling, the Chapter Faculty Advisor for the Alpha Eta Chapter of Chi Sigma Iota, and served as Chi Sigma Iota’s 2020-2021 Edwin Herr Fellow. Additionally, Dr. Belser has had leadership roles in various national, regional, and state level organizations.
- Pre-K through 16 career development initiatives in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM)
- School counselor preparation and practice
- Interdisciplinary applications of career development across the lifespan
- Pre-K through 16 career development initiatives related to ecological/environmental sustainability jobs
- On-campus initiatives centered on eco-wellness, eco-sustainability, and Louisiana native plants