Centers and Labs
Young Adult and Children's Literature Resource CenterThe UNO Children's Library is located in the UNO Bicentennial Education Building, 3rd floor, rooms 305Q and 305O. It houses:
- 18,000 titles of young adult and children’s literature includes picture books, fiction, nonfiction, and special collections (audiobooks, short stories, and a Louisiana Collection)
- Professional materials including videos and professional literature
- Instructional materials for teaching math, science, and early childhood
- Other reference materials, including those involving administration
- Database of online available resources.
Clinical Counseling Lab
The Counselor Education Graduate Program has a counselor training lab in Rooms 210-214 on the second floor of the Bicentennial Education Building. The lab is used by faculty for counseling classes, program meetings, research projects, and dissertation proposals and defenses. Doctoral students use the lab for the purpose of supervising Master’s students in individual and group supervision meetings. Master’s and Doctoral students also use the lab as part of various courses.
The lab consists of four individual counseling rooms for one on one or dyadic sessions, each fitted with a one-way mirror and audio headphones that allow for direct observation. The lab also contains one larger group counseling room that is also fitted with a one-way mirror and audio headphones for observation purposes. There is a computer room that can double as a group room. All rooms in the lab have been treated for sound reduction and are connected to a closed-circuit camera system that allows for remote observation and recording of meetings and sessions.