- Student must reside in Orleans or Jefferson Parish and have graduated from a school in Orleans or Jefferson Parish.
- Meet admissions requirements.
- Pell eligible
- Family income of $60,000 or less per year
- Admitted, filed FAFSA and completed all necessary additional documentation (i.e. verification by June 1st)
- Enrolled full-time for fall by Fall 2021
- Recipient signs contract agreeing to fulfill the following semester requirements:
- Maintain a 2.0 overall GPA
- Enroll full-time
- Meet with academic advisor twice per semester
- Attend 95% of classes
To maintain the award, recipients must:
- Meet satisfactory academic progress as defined by the Department of Education
- Continuously enroll full time
- Maintain a 2.0 institutional GPA
We are excited that you want to join the UNO community of determined and talented students! And we are ready to give you the preparation that you’ll need to launch a career that is right for you. Apply today.
The Privateer Pledge covers 4 years of unmet need or until graduation, whichever happens first. UNO covers the unmet need for fall and spring semesters only.
Home School students that meet requirements are eligible.
Transfer students are not eligible to receive the Privateer Pledge and the pledge is not retroactive.