- Student must reside in Orleans or Jefferson Parish and have graduated from a school in Orleans or Jefferson Parish.
- Meet admissions requirements.
- Pell eligible
- Family income of $60,000 or less per year
- Admitted, filed FAFSA and completed all necessary additional documentation (i.e. verification by June 1st)
- Enrolled full-time for fall by Fall 2022 by August 1st, 2022.
- Recipient signs contract agreeing to fulfill the following semester requirements:
- Maintain a 2.0 overall GPA
- Enroll full-time
- Meet with academic advisor twice per semester
- Attend 95% of classes
To maintain the award, recipients must:
- Meet satisfactory academic progress as defined by the Department of Education
- Continuously enroll full time
- Maintain a 2.0 institutional GPA
The following fees are not covered by the Privateer Pledge:
- Follett Access (books)
- Privateer Bucks (meals)
- Meal or Housing charges
- UNO Parking Decal
- Orientation Fees
- Late Fees
- Drop/Add Fees
- UNO ID Fee
- Parking Tickets or Fines
If the student resigns and goes through Return of Title IV due to officially or unofficially withdrawing from UNO, the university will not pay the difference accrued from the return of ineligible funds received for the term. For more information, please contact your financial aid counselor.
We are excited that you want to join the UNO community of determined and talented students! And we are ready to give you the preparation that you’ll need to launch a career that is right for you. Apply today.
The Privateer Pledge covers 4 years of unmet need or until graduation, whichever happens first. UNO covers the unmet need for fall and spring semesters only.
Home School students that meet requirements are eligible.
Transfer students are not eligible to receive the Privateer Pledge and the pledge is not retroactive.
Jefferson Instant Admit Program
As a high school student in the Jefferson Parish School System you are guaranteed admission to the University of New Orleans.