General Education Committee
The General Education Committee is a university-wide, standing committee charged with providing leadership for the overall direction and support of the general education curriculum. The committee monitors general education requirements and reviews changes made to the program. The committee oversees general education assessment and evaluation to ensure integrated, meaningful and sustained improvement.
The responsibilities of the committee consist of the following:
- Develop and maintain criteria for general education courses
- Oversee assessment and evaluation of general education goals and student learning outcomes
- Steward data for improvement purposes
- Provide recommendations for budgeting and strategic planning based on assessment results
- Communicate the results of assessment efforts to appropriate campus and external stakeholders to promote accountability and transparency
- Serve as a resource for general education efforts on campus
The committee membership is comprised of faculty representation from each college, including at least one Faculty Senate representative, as well as representation from the Office of Academic Affairs.
The committee reports to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.