Admission Requirements for M.A.T.
Individuals applying for the Master of Arts in Teaching need to complete and submit the following documents to the UNO Graduate School:
- Graduate School application
- Official transcripts from all universities attended
- Additional Documentation for Early Intervention Program
- Early Intervention: Training and Collaboration (TAC) project Application*
(Early Intervention Certification only)
* Early Intervention: Training and Collaboration (TAC) project is only for those individuals applying for Early Intervention certification and/or a master's degree. This application should be directly submitted to Dr. Linda Flynn.
There are 2 steps to the admission Process. The first step is to be admitted to the Graduate School and the second step is to be admitted to the MAT program. For students who are not certified teachers, select "Initial Teacher Certification" in the Plan selection within your application. Do not select a Sub Plan.
Once admitted to Graduate School, the Graduate School Admissions will send COLAEHD your packet for review for acceptance into the MAT program.
STEP 1: Admission to Graduate School
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited university
- An overall GPA of 2.5 on ALL college coursework
- Acceptance to UNO Graduate School
STEP 2: Admission to the MAT program
Exit Requirements for MAT
Principles of Learning and Teaching
Contact the college office or see ETS website (www.ets.org/praxis).
The M.Ed. program requires candidates to have already earned, and maintained a valid, a teaching certification.