Higher Education Administration Degree Requirements
The 36-hour Master of Education Degree (M.Ed.) in Higher Education Administration requires:
- A minimum of thirty (27) graduate semester hours in foundations and leadership and professional prac-tice courses.
- Two elective graduate level courses (6 hours) in education administration or a related field.
- An internship (3 hours) based in a college or univer-sity or a related educational setting
- Successful completion of three assessments of stu-dent learning outcomes.
The Curriculum for the masters program is designed for completion in two years of study, including summer coursework. The 36-hour curriculum includes founda-tions and leadership courses (6 hours), professional practice courses (21 hours), an internship (3 hours), and two elective courses (6 hours), as described be-low.
Foundations and Leadership (6 hours)
- EDAD 6600 The American College and University (3 hours)
- EDAD 6681 Organization and Leadership in Higher Education (3 hours)
Professional Practice (24 hours)
- EDAD 6530 Student Services in Higher Education (3 hours)
- EDAD 6535 College Student Development (3 hours)
- EDAD 6675 Current Issues in Higher Education (3 hours)
- EDAD 6684 Teaching, Learning & Curriculum in Higher Education (3 hours)
- EDAD 6693 Diversity in Higher Education (3 hours)
- EDFR 6700 Educational Research (3 hours)
- EDFR 6675 Advanced Education Program Evaluation (3 hours)
Electives (6 hours)
To be taken from education administration offerings or re-lated fields as approved by advisor.