Add-On Certification Endorsement
The requirements to obtain an add-on teaching endorsement vary according to the existing certification held by the candidate. A candidate MUST hold an initial teaching certification in the state of Louisiana to "add on" an approved endorsement .
The School of Education offers the following add-on certification programs:
- Elementary 1-5
- Reading Specialist
- Secondary 6-12 (Content areas: English, Math, Social Studies, Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, and Physics)
- Mild/Moderate 1-5 Add-on Endorsement to:
Early Childhood, Elementary, or Early
- Mild/Moderate 6-12 Add-on Endorsement to:
1. Early Childhood, Elementary, or Early
2. Upper Elementary, Middle School Certificate
3. Secondary Certificate
4. All-Level or Special Education Certificate
Add-on & Ancillary Endorsements
If there is not a hyperlink associated with an add-on certification program, it is possible to get the information about requirements from the state education department. The State of Louisiana maintains a site with the requirements for each endorsement area.
- Scroll down until you see "Add-on & Ancillary Endorsements."
- Click on the drop down menu and choose one of the add-on areas that are listed above.
- Click submit.
- You will be shown a document listing the requirements for add-on endorsement in your selected area.
If you would like more information about the Add-On Certification Endorsement Programs listed above, please contact the relevant department or call (or visit) the College of Education & Human Development Office. In the college office, there are individual, custom-designed guide sheets that may assist you with your inquiry process. When you visit the office, simply ask the person at the front desk for a handout with the add-on information in which you are interested.