- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, USA, 2013.
- MSc in Electrical Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 2008.
- BSc in Electrical Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 2005.
- F. Ghoroghchian, A. D. Aliabad, and E. Amiri “Analytical Validation of Dual-Pole Permanent Magnet Machine Theory” in IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 7214-7225, Nov.-Dec. 2022.
- B. Poudel, E. Amiri and P. Rastgoufard, "Analytical Investigation and Heuristic Optimization of Surface Mounted Permanent Magnet Machines With Hybrid Magnetic Structure," in IEEE Open Journal of Industry Applications, vol. 3, pp. 152-163, Aug. 2022.
- V. Z. Faradonbeh and E. Amiri, "Open-Circuit Electromagnetic Analysis of Interior Permanent Magnet Machines with Arbitrary Rotor Frame Using a 2-D Analytical Model," in IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 58, no. 8, pp. 1-12, Aug. 2022, Art no. 8002412.
- M. M. Ghahfarokhi, V. Z. Faradonbeh, E. Amiri, S. M. M. Bafrouei, A. D. Aliabad and S. T. Boroujeni, "Computationally Efficient Analytical Model of Interior Permanent Magnet Machines Considering Stator Slotting Effects," in IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 4587-4601, July-Aug. 2022.
- M. Amini, A. D. Aliabad and E. Amiri, "Design and Analysis of Fault Current Limiter Based on Air Core Variable Series Reactor," in IEEE Access, vol. 9, pp. 166129-166136, Dec. 2021.
- B. Poudel, E. Amiri, P. Rastgoufard and B. Mirafzal, "Toward Less Rare-Earth Permanent Magnet in Electric Machines: A Review," in IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 57, no. 9, pp. 1-19, Sept. 2021, Art no. 900119.
- V. Zamani, A. Rahideh, M. M. Ghahfarokhi, E. Amiri, A. D. Aliabad, and G.A. Arab “Analytical Modelling of Slotted, Surface Mounted Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors with Different Rotor Frames and Magnet Shapes”, in IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 57, NO. 1, Jan. 2021.
- F. Mahdavi, AD Aliabad, E Amiri, and F Ghoroghchian “Dual-Pole Line Start Synchronous Machine with Consequent-Magnetic Poles” in IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Volume: 35 , Issue: 3, pp. 1648-1657, Sept. 2020.
- B. Poudel, E. Amiri, J. Ramamurthy, I. Leevongwat, T. E. Field, R. Rastgoufard, P. Rastgoufard “Hardware-in-the-Loop Testing of Dynamic Grid Voltages for Static Var Compensator Controllers with Single-Phase Induction Motor Loads” IEEE Open Access Journal of Power and Energy, Vol. 7, pp. 307-319 , August 2020.
- F. Ghoroghchian, A. D. Aliabad, and E. Amiri “Dual-Pole Line Start Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor with Series-Parallel Magnetic Structure” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 35, Issue. 2, pp. 854-862, June 2020.
- M. Ghahfarokhi, E Amiri, ST Boroujeni, and AD Aliabad “On-Load Analytical Modeling of Slotted Interior Magnet Synchronous Machines Using Magnetic Islands Method” IEEE Access, Vol. 8, pp. 95360 – 95367, May 2020.
- M. Bouiabadi, A. D. Aliabad, M. Mousavi, and E. Amiri, “Design and analysis of E-core PM-assisted switched reluctance motor” IET Electric Power Applications, Vol. 14, Issue. 5, pp. 859-864, May 2020.
- F. Ghoroghchian, A. D. Aliabad, and E. Amiri, “Design and analysis of consequent-pole line start permanent magnet synchronous motor” IET Electric Power Applications, Vol. 14, Issue. 4, pp. 678-684, April 2020.
- M. Ghahfarokhi, S.T. Boroujeni, A. D. Aliabad, E Amiri, and V. Z .Faradonbeh” Analytical Modeling and Optimization of Line Start PM Synchronous Motors” IET Electric Power Applications, Vol. 14, Issue. 3, pp. 398-408, March 2020.
- Design, development and analytical/semi-analytical modeling of electrical machinery (e.g., IPM and SPM machines), electromagnetic sensors (e.g., variable reluctance resolver), and electromagnetic devices (e.g., fault current limiter).
- Power electronics converters in motor drive, and renewable energy applications (e.g., grid connected inverter based resources protection).