University of New Orleans Student Emergency Fund Application
The University of New Orleans has established the COVID-19 Student Emergency Fund to assist students with urgent financial need as it relates to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The intent of the funding from the CARES Act is to assist eligible UNO students experiencing a temporary financial hardship. The funds are limited and not intended to provide ongoing relief.
Per the US Dept. of Education, in order to be eligible for consideration for CARES Act funding, UNO students must:
- Be a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate student
- Currently enrolled for fall 2020
- Not enrolled in a 100% online program
- Meet all standards for federal financial aid programs as required under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (SAP, Not in default/overpayment, valid social security number, US Citizen, etc.)
- Have experienced financial hardship as a result of moving from campus to online class instruction due to the coronavirus
UNO students may apply to the fund one time, per semester, using this application process. Fall 2020 applications will be reviewed based the student’s need as determined by their completed 2020-2021 FASFA, eligible enrollment hours, and funding availability. All awarding decisions are final. Eligible students will be reviewed and notified via their UNO email accounts, after the semester’s census date, September 8, 2020.