HEERF III funding:
The University of New Orleans Fund Application
The University of New Orleans has established the COVID-19 Student Fund to assist students with emergency financial need as it relates to the coronavirus (COVID-19). The intent of the funding from HEERF III is to assist eligible UNO students with tuition, fees, and other expenses as it relates to temporary financial hardships caused by the ongoing COVID outbreak.
Pell Grant recipients do not need to complete the application process. Pell Grant recipients who are at least half-time in enrollment will automatically be reviewed for the available funding based on their EFC, remaining need, enrollment hours, and funding availability. For all other student, applicants must meet the follow criteria to apply for the funding:
In order to apply for the emergency relief funds, students must:
- Be a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate student
- Currently enrolled for Spring 2022 at least 6 credit hours (half-time enrollment)
- Complete the HEERF III Application
- Have a completed 2021-2022 FASFA* on file (you do not have to meet eligibility requirements for federal student aid, i.e. SAP, defaulted loan, overpayment, etc.). *International students will be reviewed based on their financial information on file with UNO and the HEERF III application.
- Have remaining unmet need based on your CoA (budget) for the spring semester
UNO students may apply to the fund one time, per semester, using this application process. Spring 2022 emergency applications will be reviewed based on the student’s need, enrollment hours, and funding availability. All awarding decisions are final. Funding is not disbursed to the student’s UNO account until attendance is verified on the census date (14th class date).