1 Position located in Baton Rouge
· Assist with the coordination, planning and evaluation of the Pre-release Medicaid Enrollment Program.
· Assist LDH management with day-to-day tasks and serve as a secondary contact and provide functional back-up support in the unit supervisor’s absence.
· Research multiple databases to resolve individual Medicaid application and enrollment issues for internal and external partners.
· Responsible for data analysis and report writing for monthly, mid-year and annual reports.
· Represent the department at relevant conferences, regional events and stakeholder meetings. Some in-state travel is expected, including travel to other LDH offices and correctional facilities.
· Conduct scholarly research on topics related to program or target population as needed.
· Assist with the preparation and execution of conference calls, webinars, and meetings.
· Develop and update documentation about the program for internal and external audiences such as operations manuals, reports, white papers, abstracts and fact sheets.
· Maintain program records.
· Keep supervisor informed of any problems or potential problems with program implementation or monitoring.
· Provide clerical and administrative support as needed.
· Other tasks as directed.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to communicate concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
· Experience with writing business documents such as reports, abstracts and memorandums.
· Experience with problem-solving and researching between multiple computer systems or databases.
· Must be able to pass a background check and gain admittance to correctional facilities.
· Master’s degree in health administration, business administration, information technology, or public health, Juris Doctor or other advanced degree in relevant field.
· Minimum of 1 year professional experience in Medicaid eligibility policy or Medicaid program support.
· Experience in the justice-involved population, or criminal justice system.
· Experience with health outcomes research and study design.
· Experience with data analysis software.
Position will remain open until filled.